View Single Post
Old 01-28-21, 09:19 AM   #2651
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
@ Mios 4Me - thanks for gathering all of that into one post. Appreciate that. Most of what you describe are ships that were docked at Truk at those times, and then "disturbed" by that rogue group we found. Also of note, when a group spawns in the game, and you catch it at certain times, especially the confines of something like Truk (Tokyo Bay is another), there is not a whole lot of room for a group to "build", and they will seemingly "stand still" for a bit near their spawn-in location. Also though, some are set to slower speeds inside the terminal, and then speed up once outside the confines, and in deeper water. But, we have found a few more issues with some ships lately. s7rikeback is working hard to eliminate duplicates and certain shared assets in the game as much as possible, which makes the game run more efficiently. However, as we go, other issues are then uncovered. This is the reason for not updating the add-in mods yet. The next version of the mod will not be backward compatible, but will hopefully be the end of such changes being necessary in the future... knock on wood - famous last words...
Possibly more of the same, but just in case:
3/1/44 @ 2030ish, USS Balao, ex-Midway, found two convoy remnants:
- Agano, oriented N, 23 km, 243° from Moen AB
- SSF, oriented N, 15 km, 248°
- MT, oriented ESE, 18 km, 241°
- CSF, oriented ESE, 9.5 km, 182°
- Corvette, oriented ESE, 12 km, 126°

3/14/44 @ 1544ish, intercepted a SSW bound convoy 132 km, 194° from Yokosuka central pier, sinking one merchant, damaging two, and immobilizing two others. One DE remained active; the other, a Wakatake, became stationary in conjunction with the merchants. After the ships failed to sink several hours later, we surfaced at a distance and engaged with shellfire. This, or more likely the sinking of the ship it was slaved to, awakened the Wakatake. It could have been listening and drifting all that time, but it was well ahead of the convoy the entire period, not an ideal position following repeated beam attacks from starboard.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote