View Single Post
Old 09-04-07, 03:10 PM   #70
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
cheers HM
what i'm hoping is that after a while using this method (thanks again!)
i will get a feel for the angles needed for other speeds as well i guess once you start to think in these terms you begin to be able to work from memory..and fill in the gaps....will maybe do a more complete version as well tho..or could just use your full graphic and paste that onto a similar version..

i have trawled thru all the missions in the game and noted the speeds the auto shipping uses and these are the ones it tends to use the most (destroyers tend to hare along at 30 knts) every thing else more less sticks to these speeds..not that that's hard coded or anything you can set the speeds of any ship any way you want via the mission entrys..

this is how the game plots routes for the ships

ApplyStateEngine $0,"Traderoute#Berberis,9#-11.313,46.323#-2.654,47.137#8"

you have the TRADEROUTE

which is the AI behaviuor mapped out in the traderoute section of the stateengine templates.txt

berberis is the type of ship the 9 after it is just the ships number so the mission can recognise it for any special instruction...such kill unit 9 or similar..and the radio messages function like this

AddPositionTracker $9,$900,"Von Admiralität.\\To .\U-Boote.\Hostile contact 9.\\Position: %s\Course: %d\\Instructions,\if possible.\Attack.\if current orders\allow!"

AddPositionTracker $9 <<---unit 9

the next stuff is the lat long co-ordinates for the route which are as "real world" as any other sim...another thing to take note of when evaluating the attention to detail in the sim..for example you can use any route lat longs from SH2 and use them in SOF and they are exactly the same..

Floaters Kriegstanz developer is great for plotting new routes ..you just click on kreig Dev map and hit F4 and it gives you the lat long copy and paste them into the SOF route and your good to go...

#-11.313,46.323#-2.654,47.137#8" <<--- speed 8 knots

lastly to get right round back to the speed thing..tacked on the end of the route entry is the ships speed

i like this game...it's a hard core sim that manages the ultimate simulation "blasphemy" of not taking itself too seriuosly!!! and just for once ..there are no interminable three hour depth charge attacks.thank cornflakes for that!!!

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote