View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 08:09 AM   #109
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHeretic View Post
Tycho, do you have an idea how to set board clock to GMT? In this debug screen with coordinates GMT is presented.
I was read about this time problem, but it is not my concern. I will not go to measure angles myself.
Ideal variant for me is to ask Nav Officer for boat position, and he to report it with long/lat coordinate, if conditions permit.

Something interesting:
This "Time Accel: 1 times", that you see on this debug info is not the time compression, that we use to accelerate the game.
If you use time compression X something, this will stay to "Time Accel: 1 times".
And once, more than year ago, I activated this incidentally.
I tested something, don't remember what, but was not related to this time stuff.
Was some editings in the code and in the save files. And after I load the save, this time acceleration come to "something times".
What happened, is that the world was stay on normal speed of existent, but the sky/stars started to move/rotate quickly.
This did not affect the sun, the sun was stayed on position and moved on normal speed.
So, probably, the movement of the stars and the sun are handled by different functions.
Now I can't remember at all, what I did then, to activate this.

About stars drawing! I can imagine, how the stars are made by some Draw Primitives function in the code, with additional functions for position, rotation..., but where is this, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Hello Tycho.
Do you guess we can get a full screen museum like in SHV in the future
Are the museum is not the full screen. I don't even remember how exactly the museum looks, I don't use it.
If it is the menu, that hinders you, and if it is in menu_1024_768.ini file, some gui modder can change it. If there have hardcoded menu elements, then it is in sh3.exe and someone have to find and change these. Sorry but, I'm not that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Yeah, but how does it work? And where can I download?
Sorry, but I can't do these things more easy for you! You need to learn a very basic and easy stuff.
I did the hard work and found a bunch of useful byte location in sh3.exe, change these byte values and you will have some result, like to have different colors for drawing lines on the map tools, for example. Why you can't take advantage of this? I don't understand.
Specifically for screenshots thing, it is single byte change, do it manually with hex editor or put it in TychoSh3Patch.
How to put it there?
With Copy/Paste, as simple as that.
Well, probably I'm not capable to make good explanations. But, it is like it is!
Considering, that I'm out of Silent Hunter, there will not be more easy option from my side.