View Single Post
Old 06-15-11, 03:54 PM   #1511
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@KarlKoch: Ship acceleration is already on my growing todo list. In the meantime try Thomsens Ships. It's for GWX if I'm informed correctly and reduces ships acceleration and deceleration as well as turning radiuses.
Didn't he cut the engine horsepower in half.This causes the ships to not reach their top speeds in many cases.Then he upped the drag drastically which also causes reduction in their speed,especially turning.This then causes their turning radius to grow by large amount since ships speed determines turning speed.That said I think he pulled the ship acceleration tweak from his ships mod due to above reason.Could be wrong here.

What could be done though is instead of putting drag very high just drop the COG for each ship down very low.This way you can use super low drag settings to control the "horrible" excessive pitch/sway of the boats.Now you have a bit more control for turn radius since you have less forces slowing the boats down in a turn....basically its just the engine power now.Then just play with rudder drag for the turn speed you want.For ship top speed you can then test a ship on 0-wind ocean and see what speed it hits at flank speed setting.If it goes over or under its max speed you can drop or raise the horsepower to compensate.

Its a huge undertaking but all the ships could be made very realistic.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote