Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 04-17-21, 09:06 AM   #1004
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Is it possible to get medals and promotions for yourself in DW? I have sunk 30,0000+ tons in my current career and have completed multiple patrols yet I have not received any medals for myself (or my crew!).

Wondering if it's possible to get promoted to Kapitain Leutnant as well.
if i remember properly, promotions are the result of successful mission objectives and medals are the result of renown from sinking tonnage during any one mission.

there is an algorithm for promotions but i cannot find it at the moment. IIRC (or somewhat correctly) each mission during a career is rated between 3 at the high end and -3 at the low end. you add your mission points and divide by the number of missions and if the average is 2+ basically, you will need 4 or more successful missions to get promoted. there is also a date-lapse factor involved in that you cannot get promoted after consecutive missions. failure early in a career is a career-killer.
edit: found this: After each patrol a calculation takes place: New_Campaign_Rating = Old_Campaign_Rating + Last_Patrol_Rating / 2

medals are awarded after you sink enough tonnage in one mission and not for sinking tonnage consistently over several missions. it is possible during one mission to sink over 100k tons and receive a medal and then get court martialed for sinking one of your ships or too many neutral ships.

and no, you cannot award yourself medals and promotions. (several jokes come to mind here but we will forsake the humor since we do not know each other).

there is neither a display to show you your current renown nor your current promotability score. that's Ubi for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote