Old 06-12-15, 08:31 PM   #2002
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hey Gap, I'm glad you're still with us!
Hi Vecko, I am similarly glad to see that some of my old subsim friends, including you, are still hard at work on our game.
I could actually resume my modding activity anytime soon: I have just recently bought a new laptop. I haven't installed SH5 and the relevant modding utilities yet, but a 2.4 GHz 5th generation i7 processor (of the low power consumpion version though), 16 GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 850M with 4 GB of dedicated RAM, should be enough for any gaming and modding purpose as far as games of the SH series are concened.
I just hope that Windows 8.1 won't come on the way: has anyone reported compatibility issues with SHIII, IV and 5?

Quote:
I'm testing your idea since or first talk and since I released this megamod...Back then I didn't quite understand what is going on but now I'm pretty much sure that concept with two hydrophones can work really great, even better then with just one...
Amazing

This is how the KDB upgrade should have been set from the beginning, as having it as the sole listening gear would have made little sense in real life, and forced devs to some unrealistic settings.
The two sensors being fitted together also rules out the objection made by some players on the extreme vulnerability of the KDB, especially at depths higher than 150 m as correctly modelled in RSD. Someone even speculated that they would have carried some spare sensors aboard, but I don't think so: really the KDB was an extra sensor affected by some serious limitations, which was fitted just on a limited number boats, and used only sparingly when circumstances required/allowed for it.
Last but not least, your experience is showing us that the game is capable to handle more that one sensor of the same type fitted on a playable u-boat. I was thinking about adding some new RADAR's to the game:
http://amp.rokket.biz/docs/an_illust...t_research.pdf

I have the FuMB 26 - TUNIS already fully modelled and textured, and waiting for being imported in game...

Quote:
The only glitch is notable with type VIIB and C/41 where, if KDB is destroyed hydrophone needle will stay frozen for player's use but only until the game is saved/reloaded. Still AI sonarmen will continue to operate just right with operating hydrophone.
Weird. All of the playable u-boat hulls share the same QR room, where hydrophone station controllers are located. Any possible glitch shouldn't be affected by the u-boat type we are commanding... but this game got us used to any kind of silliness already.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote