iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, IABL...

Just out of curiosity...

That 'URC' you mentioned, that brought the framerates down with large batlegroups with high poly counts... would that controller work for other SH4 (or even SH3 or 5, for that matter.. if you know, that is...) mega mods, to allow for bigger battlegroups or even recreating in the campaigns files, historic battles that took place.?

If so, it would be a BIG game changer, in allowing to really flesh out history in say like FotRS or Op. Monsun: Dark... if that is the case. Not to mention your own work you're doing with WotK....

M. M.

Basically, this discovery was me realizing I had not been doing something I should have done (and that the original devs did) - all of the stock units from unmodded Silent Hunter 4 have the Unified Render Controller in their .DAT files. Thus, they do not butcher frame rates (like modded units with no Unified Render Controller). It may be worthwhile to check and see if other modders forgot to give modded ships URC's because if so, they may be causing frame rates to be lowered.

However, if you are getting low frame rates with stock SH4 ships then your hardware is probably the issue. Hope that makes sense.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote