View Single Post
Old 10-15-09, 01:49 PM   #94
Von Talon
A-ganger

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdv View Post
U47 - THANKS!!! This is pretty sweet (so far)!

Have a few questions though, have only made 1 successful patrol.

Started a new career, so only 500 renown - not enough to upgrade boat, presume that 'hacking' the renown of my captain will allow me to upgrade to the IXD2 (Bismark?).

Starting ship has a deck gun like you'd see on a sub, do I have to upgrade my weapons - or pick a different year to ensure the historical accuracy of when the ship would have been fitted out?

Think I also died on sub-nets, thought I'd pay Scapa Flow a visit before hostilities started, but died when approaching the docks.

Any other tips out there from you guys who've successfully made a few patrols?
So, you want to upgrade to Bismarck? Well, that she is worth of 65000 renown, so you have alot of ships to sink, but there is a few faster ways to get it! If you don't like "cheats" do not read!

First, enable GeIII. Then you should be able to select IXD2 from SH3 Commander (if you have it). Before you start SH3 from SH3 Cmdr, change GeIII back to GeI. If you don't have SH3 Cmdr, do not worry! you should be able to get Leipzig-class cruiser (IXD2 of GeIII) on 1939!

And you want some patrol tips too? Here is some! But if you don't want to know where 3 battleships are, dont read!

IF YOU HAVE GWX, I suggest you start your career on October 1939 with Bismarck, you can catch, and destroy HMS Hood and HMS Nelson! They are in grid AN15, heading east, to Scapa Flow on October 5th. They arrive to the grid at 15:00, and reach Scapa at evening. I suggest you take tactical position, and engage them. It's very easy sink them if you have a tactical position.
If you manage to destroy them, and you still have ammunition and high hull intregity, you can try to enter Scapa Flow, becouse there is a third battleship, HMS Royal Oak! Enter Scapa from the southern enterance, and destroy every ship in your path. Stop at about 6000-10000 meters from the Royal Oak, and open fire! Do not destroy any destroyers or pesky patrol boats, just concentrate your fire on the battleship. Destroyers don't pose any threat to you. It takes a long time to destroy a battleship from long range, but when you get the "She's going down" -message, escape immediatly! When after the message, you can concentrate fire to a aulixary cruiser west from the sunken battleship.

You can still sink the Royal Oak if you don't have GWX. I stongly suggest you upgrade to GWX!

And if you want more Bismarck-career tips, just put a private message. Good hunting!