View Single Post
Old 10-13-12, 02:56 AM   #17
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Great job. Is there any chance of seeing "HMS Sydney" and her sister ships? Or the "Exeter"? One of my favorite things about Silent Hunter II was that nearly all of the famous Allied cruiser classes were eventually completed by modders. The more cruisers, the merrier.
Thank you iambecomelife.

Yes I'am also a big cruiser fan, and despite they are not found very often when you patrol in your boat, I love their looks in the WW2 time frame. Everybody loves the battleships and the big guns, but I consider cruisers much sexier.

With regard to the Leanders and Mod-Leanders, the frog did an excellent set for SH3, and I think that someone converted them to SH4.

Right now I'm finishing a number of ships I had already modeled in 3D but needed that last push that I couldn't understand, and unfortunately the Exeter was not one of them.

The Belfast needs tweaking in (I guess) the .zon file. A single torpedo will now sink it, which is a bit weird for a +10000 cruiser. I have to check it. I still need to test Abdiel's durability, but having used the Tribal as a base I think it will behave more realistically to damage.

Hopefully someday I will be happy enough with the results to release them