View Single Post
Old 03-21-21, 01:49 PM   #2307
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Way back when GWX was working on doing an SH4 release?
Yeah. We had the URC included. There's even a Tool release that will add that to an SH3 dat file for a quick conversion of the SH3 Units.
Hey Jeff! Great to have you drop in! Always surprised by the tools you guys create, since that is not my area of expertise. And although I respect your decision, I was saddened that the SH4 version of GWX was never completed, I am sure the team would have produced a masterpiece. Based on the screenshots (which I think have now been deleted from the web) it would have been quite comprehensive.

Not taking shots at anyone, but personally I have a hard time playing mods that only change a couple aspects of the game while leaving all the standard WWII pacific stuff unchanged - like modern sub mods for SH4 that only change the player units, and leave the WWII ships/planes/interface the same. GWX for SH4 clearly would have had an excellent "Atlantic" ambience.

And good work with your new SH5 tool; I can't understand half of what you do on that thread but I know it's good.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote