View Single Post
Old 02-24-13, 06:33 AM   #63
thruster
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

ok too much wine tonight, but im gunna lash out anyway...
i think im a perfect demographic for SH franchise. but the online requirement gig just killed me. i worked [then] in a place of very poor internet, there was no way i couldve sustained a constant reasonable line to get into SH. i utterly adored SH3, was wasted by the pointlessness of bad antisub of IJN inherant in PTO SH4 and couldnt wait till SH5.
by the time my work situ settled, and even when SH5 ? lost its internet req, it was too late. there was so much modding going on [which is awesome, please please please dont stop that] i was just lost and didnt know where to start?
i love campaigns, i love the 'immersion' that i think [at least till WW2 tank sims wake up] only subsims [SH3-modded] give. i think ubisoft killed opportunities by their on-line requirement, and alienated a % of its customers [regardless of their motives, im one of them!].
to me the magic of subsims is that to a sub cmdr [especially a ww2 uboat commander, no matter how many boats were supposed to be in his wolfpack] he still operated on his own. he made the point of attack and the cunning escape a recipe of his own. modded, it was seriously PLAUSIBLY realistic! i think, modded, SH3 caught that; and its what vanilla subsims should aim for.
i have missed SH5. i regard this as tragic. im not in the generation of computer fluency, i struggle with simple stuff and despite having an IRL life altering occupation, cant be assumed to have simple knowledge of computers. i need an utter IDIOTS spell-it-out guide to manipulate mods.
i look fwd to SH6, or perhaps its intricately explained modded SH5 offline version that eludes me.
i am an end user. i am a subsim fan. this was my voice. that was my 'soapbox'.
cheers to you all.
thruster is offline   Reply With Quote