View Single Post
Old 10-07-09, 11:47 AM   #88
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
PS: important question for everybody. I've put the TDC on the left and the Torpedoes on the right because both panels have preety much the same layout as the real thing and it's very comfortable to use (ergonomy wise). But now I'm beginning to reconsider since the TDC obstructs the vertical marks on the periscope. I can mirror them to the other side but I want to know NOW how you prefer it because I'd rather not move 100 items after
The majority of people are right-handed and as such play with the mouse on the right of the screen, at his right hand's reach. It results therefore more natural to have the cursor also at that part of the screen, and the "untouchable" items like the Papenberg on the left, as fiddling with the dials cross the screen doesn't seem as intuitive.

For left-handers though, it's a different matter I suppose. Me I'm both handed and do nearly indistinctly tasks with both hands, but still we live in a right handed world and you expect to find the switches and buttons on the right side of whatever you operate with.

My 2 cents