View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 07:16 AM   #13
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
No one will, develop such a game...if you can't kill or torture people in a game it's worthless.

Markus

You are right, beside the fact that in SH1, SH4 (popular submarine games) the elements of rescuing pilots or photograph missions are included, every war is a dirty business, to be convinced one can go watch the movie Indianapolis with Nicolas Cage or Das Boot (German movie)...So it's a good thing and not surprising that a war game should be about killing the enemy and should include tactical and strategic decisions from the player that would not materialize without those - violent - elements. Your idea instead is purifying the war, a terrible idea IMO.
But what you are depicting is a game without war at all, so why speaking about war games and WWII? Why not rescuing passengers of the Costa Concordia for example which takes place in peace time? And if you don't like violence then you won't play a fishing game either, will you? What you have in mind is an adventure-type game, but apparently very limited in scope and gameplay, no chance I would buy such a thing when reading your idea, unless there are numerous obstacles in my way to achieve the goal of rescuing or whatever.

If you really ever intend to make such a game, then start to make a Kickstarter fund raising first...I'm afraid you will be horribly deceived, but at least you'll be able to interrupt the disaster
But also be aware that very simple games can hit the charts - but the central idea needs to be a much better one and getting 'the feel' of today's players.

Best regards and greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-18-20 at 07:50 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote