View Single Post
Old 11-19-19, 03:32 AM   #1
MiccerU69
Swabbie

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default This game

Good morning fellow subbers

I really wanted to share a short experience with SHIII GWX which I thought was quite epic. So it's 1939 and after attacking a convoy SW of the Irish Coast, I decided to stalk it to have another try.

But then, and not really a surprise, the weather turned really nasty.
I continued on my course despite the weather when suddenly I got a contact report for a convoy. So then I turned towards it and after some time I decided to dive.

Suddenly, I found myself in the middle of the convoy as the visibility was only about 300/400 metres at nighttime. I scanned around with my scope and suddenly found myself only 600 metres away from the battleship Nelson.

I popped 3 torps but only one hit... I decided to disengage and stalk the convoy. About 15 hours later in the late afternoon I ran into them again.
I had been spotted and dove deep to avoid the destroyers. I was running at 100 metres at flank speed but he still didn't hear me

I got into position to attack the HMS Nelson and after putting 3 more torps into her, she went down. I just couldn't believe how lucky I was to stumble into a convoy with a battleship in this dismal weather.
MiccerU69 is offline   Reply With Quote