View Single Post
Old 04-08-20, 09:56 AM   #134
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

@ kiwikid1940: which version of the game do you have on disk? Did you purchase it in like 2007, like I did my first copy? If so, you need to keep the game inserted in the drive, then update the version with Official v1.4 patch and then set the "Properties" page for SH4 to "Run this program as administrator", maybe change the High DPI settings to program controlled, and possibly have to use the Compatibility settings to Win7. Each computer is different in this regard, due to the UAC settings each person has on their computers. You could also look at your UAC settings, and see if reducing that doesn't allow the SH4.exe to run. If you already have SH4 v1.5, which has the UBoat Missions in it, then those "Properties" setting still might help.

For both you and WH4K, you want to make certain that your SH4 install is NOT in a "Program Files" folder, such as "C:\Program Files (x86) \Ubisoft \Silent Hunter 4...", since that is a "protected" folder on the 'modern' Windows system (since Vista). Windows will rollback most changes done by a mod to that folder, and then you end up with a mess. You want to install your game to a folder you create yourself. What I usually do with my installs is just edit the command line for install choice, and delete the Program Files reference, such that I end up with "C:\Ubisoft \Silent Hunter 4..." for the install path, or I also have a "Games" folder on my other computer, and install there with "F:\Games \Silent Hunter 4...". You could also select the contents of the install folder, copy everything, and then paste that into a folder you create outside of "Program Files", and then run it from the "SH4.exe" file...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote