View Single Post
Old 02-17-11, 03:44 PM   #239
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hey MiTon, just a correction there. So as not to confuse anyone, it should be data\Scripts\Menu\Speech Recognition.py, without Page, although it shouldn't be hard to figure out, seeing that there are only 2 files there, but just in case. Congrats on your first post!

@stoianm - I concur that setting confidence usually does the trick.

Now, to my problem:

With SH5 v1.0, Speech Recognition worked like a charm.

Since the SH5 updates, I find that the AI will begin to issue commands on its own, as well as repeating the commands that I issue, which sometimes causes loops.

For example, I issue "All Stop!", then the AI repeats the command back to me and issues it. Speech Recognition hears this as a new command from me, and then the AI repeats the command back to me and issues it again, thus creating a loop: "All Stop!" "All Stop!" "All Stop!" "All Stop!" until I pause the game to cut it off. At the same time, AI may also issue commands for Deck Guns, etc.

As for ghost commands being issued, you can imagine the frustration when you are sitting patiently and quietly, ready to launch torpedos on a target that's just lining up, when suddenly, you hear "Surface the boat!" or "Los!" or the game goes into 32x speed. I suspect that these relate to background noise or from crew providing me with feedback on targets, etc.

I use the local offline version of grammar.dtd, but I don't think it's that, because I restored an old version of the online version of SHSpeech_Grammar, and the problem still exists.

When I first tried to troubleshoot this a few months ago, I believe I used the vanilla mod files to ensure that my edits weren't causing any problems, but to no avail.

I have confidence set to 10 which still doesn't help. One thing that helps a bit, although not 100%, is to decrease my speaker volume to a very low level, so that quieter crew command confirmations limit what Speech Recognition hears, but that isn't fun. I also tried using headphones, but for some reason it still happens from time to time (and too often).

Has anyone else also experienced this problem, or does anyone know a way to correct it?

skwasjer - any ideas?

Cheers!
i had the sames problems but i chosed the most simplest solution - i play the game using my headphonephone

btw if somebody want to use this mod with TDW UIs or wth MO just delete before the file menu_1024_768.ini from mod and enable after
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote