View Single Post
Old 07-21-21, 04:43 AM   #215
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The latest addition to the collection. Paprika powder and hot spices only, it was very hot. Intentionally no item toppings. Interesting experiment, but I must not repeat it. 't was, well... too hot.

The blackened parts of the crust, the granular ones, that is flour that was left on the dough in too thick layers, so it burnt. Clean your dough of all remaining flour, and it will stay much whiter and tidy.

The greater area of black is where the dough raised higher than elsewhere, so it reached closer to the heating element in the lid. Thats a bit tricky in these kind of stoves, you need to work carefull with the rim to make it evenly thick everywhere and have it having the right thickness for the dough consistency and hydration. I do not always get it right, then the pizza stays white at the rims, or turns too dark, is burnt. I assume in a big stone oven where you could also turn the disc every 30 seconds (that is what the smaller pizza shovels are for that pizzaiolas are using), to make it have its sides all equally exposed to the main direction of heat, you can regulate that better.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-21-21 at 05:12 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote