View Single Post
Old 06-26-20, 09:41 AM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Wait? You guys just sit idle? I normally pick a promising spot inside the patrol zone and tool along at A1/3 on the surface at night and the dive during the day - running in close to populated areas and back out.

The challenge is not being impatient and bumping up TC past 128. Instant I do that, it seems I then run into a contact...

My answer above may suggest that I'm mostly 'waiting' as you say, but that's not what I do all the time. I certainly move in search patterns on routes that lead towards a strait or important port etc.
The FOTRSU or TMO mod provide a chart with historical routes (if you launch the radio) which will certainly increase your contact chances, here 2 comments about it:

- You are not supposed to know about these historical routes, I think headquaters and skippers had a good guess at that time during the war, but these charts were drawn after the war where all convoy routes were known. If you play with realism in mind, better don't look at these charts too often but make your own guesses about possible routes followed by convoys.

- If you use these charts you don't want to 'stay still' but move in search patterns on these routes to increase your contact chances, but approaching a port or strait I find it better to place at some strategic point outside and wait for some time.

Cheers,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote