View Single Post
Old 03-04-10, 05:18 PM   #1
BillyBubble
Watch

Downloads: 331
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Improved Engine Sounds

If you also found the sound immersion next to the 2000 or so HP engines let something to desire then maybe this mod might add up to a much richer experience

The mod replaces just some sound files to improve the diesel engine sound throughout the whole ship, particularely near the engine compartment.
download here Improved Engine Sounds ( JSGME ready )

Took me a while to balance the sound transitions between all compartment areas and the outside but I think the result is a nice improvement over vanilla.

Just tell if you run into issues.
I only tested it surfaced and under "normal" weather conditions but I hope bad weather won't collide with these changes.

Hint: If it feels too noisy in the command room or if you like to take a nap just close the hatches to the engine compartment. The 3D sound effects in SH5 are pretty nice modeled in this regard !!
However, the hatches are always back open after a save game is reloaded...

Also the transition to the outside/bridge sounds a bit jerky (vanilla issue) plus the rumbling of the engines that should be emitted throughout the whole supestructure in a more or less gradient manner seems to be missing at some spots, but all'n all....

Enjoy !

-BB

Edit:
reuploaded the mod now containg the usual and proper documentation files structure, according to this thread - thanks piri_reis.
readme rewritten, version number 1.0 assigned, mod content unchanged.

Last edited by BillyBubble; 03-05-10 at 01:11 PM.
BillyBubble is offline   Reply With Quote