View Single Post
Old 04-07-10, 12:42 AM   #12
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 282
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canovaro View Post
I always use straight flank shots (0 angle shots).
I use a 'torpedo bearing table' with the target speed and according bearing, so as long as you have the target's course and speed correct, it's a sure hit.

I hit my targets about 95% with this. I'm still surprised I seem to be the only one doing it this way. It's effective and the most simple attack to perform.

If there are multiple ships, I vary the speed of the torps just to make them go off at about the same time, so the next one will not have too much time to excellerate or drop speed.

This is about how they did it in world war one or so I heard

The 'torp bearing table' can be downloaded here as part of a collection of stuff:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1487
I was just going over one of these tables the other night, wondering how well they worked. What I was wondering is how different ranges affect the chart, I could see a hit on a target at 1-2km but what about say 600m or 5km?
I need a way to dispose of circling warships, I can never tell the speed of them (I always guess for DD's cause I never have the time to properly check in a convoy attack)

Also I use the torpedo speeds so they all go off within afew seconds of each other, having all the tubes open really helps for this I find.
pickinthebanjo is offline   Reply With Quote