View Single Post
Old 02-26-08, 11:27 AM   #32
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Selling such an expensive add-on will not be easy, especially when you know that a lot of players on here are now allergic to u-boote , and want to enjoy the Pacific theatre of operations as much as possible.
I 100% agree with you about keeping the price as low as possible.

However, I disagree over the other idea of yours, that a lot of players are allergic to u-boote. I don't think this is true. Just check the statistics: at the precise moment I am typing this, there are a total of 272 subsim members viewing the SH3 forums and 267 viewing the SH4 forums. And usually there are more members on the SH3 forum than SH4. And don't forget that, while the SH4 modding forum brings novelties every day, the SH3 is rather bleak when it comes to new mods these days. So, even with this stronger momentum in modding SH4, there are still more viewers on SH3.
Yes, I concede there's a current against uboats around, but this is fueled by 20 up to 30 people at most, which are few, but very vocal, with an indignation mostly driven by political correctnes. Instead of enjoying two separate games - which are JUST GAMES - they are turning each of them into a political SHRINE, which is a pity IMO. And, in all honesty, 30 people can't be considered a mainstream.
You can't say many players are allergic to uboat games as long as I see new people posting every day in the SH3 forums, which is amazing for a game launched three years ago!

Phew, long post, but I really felt the urge to say what I think, especially when I see people who enjoyed SH3 in the past now cursing and swearing at the precise game they used to love a year ago.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote