View Single Post
Old 03-30-23, 08:04 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

AI works and decides at the pace of what is tehcbnologically possible. Technology outpaces the biological limits and the scaling of human standards.

I'm very, very, very critical of all this.

Simple example: any working interface when somebody works in the office with a software. The software commands him how to structure input, what input to give (and what input can not be given!), his workflow and possible cretaivity is channeled, dircted ands limited, the risk always is that it beocnmes more and more impossible to "think out of the box", to leave the established, software-commanded ways.

It was like this with the adaptation to havign daily timetables, and watches: on the wrist, at the wall, in church towers. The human need to have watches - was zero. It was commanded by the needs of an icreasingly industrialised production. This defined the rythm to which we all now dance. It snot necessarily good for us, or our health and well-being, but its good for the machine, for the industrial process.

Nobody questions this anymore. This is the greatest risk: the vanishing of imagination.

"They tell me: If you see a slave sleeping, do not wake him lest he be dreaming of freedom. I tell them: If you see a slave sleeping, wake him and explain to him freedom.” - Khalil Gibran