Old 02-21-15, 09:56 PM   #21
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
the bottom line is though, and i think this is a point neal was trying to make:

Simulations in general, and more specifically submarine simulations are a really niche market. ...
Ok, niche market, I get it. I've heard that phrase a thousand times since I've visited this site. I can understand fewer companies making sub sims. I can understand a longer development cycle in sub sims. I just don't consider it to be a blanket excuse for poor products/support.

Quote:
my stepson was watching me play SH3 ...
"This game is like watching paint dry... i really just dont know how you play it."
Ok, but how old is your stepson? Young boys often do not naturally take to activities that are slower paced, and require strategy and patience. Many consider chess to be boring, but the game has managed to survive somehow.

A understand the argument about more people eat hamburgers, than eat filet mignon, but those who do, don't have to settle for rotten, parasite infested cuts.

Btw, I think there is a vein of complacency that runs through the software industry in general. [Yes, you too Microsoft.] They don't seem to want to put out a first-rate product; as if they don't really need to.

Quote:
And it is speaking volume when next to nobody compares the newer SHs favorably to the older ones.
Well put, Phrixus.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote