View Single Post
Old 09-24-09, 10:57 AM   #62
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Strange... must've been deleted when the site fell down.
Here it is:

Quick Update... Unfortunately i've hit a MAJOR setback today. I had expected to be able to use the toggle buttons for the Depth/Speed(telegraph)/Course(rudder) dials or, in case that failed, the FBAC levels radio buttons. But unfortunately those are so heavily hardcoded that after spending a frustrating day trying to make a simple menu group appear at a certain position, I've given up. The rules I've found about resolution scaling worked, but those items are so horridly palced inside groups, inside other groups, inside other groups, that to make them scalable would completely mess the entire bottom bar. Even more, the 3 dials in the order bar are hardcoded to increase in size even when you mouse over the "switch back" button. And the coup de grace was that the FBAC level dials which were there, were actually leftovers from silent hunter 3 and completely unusable. The corresponding dials that you see in the dials.cfg file are false. The game uses only 1 single item to show the fuel/co2/air/battery levels and switches between them by altering the formula of that item, not by switching between different items.

This is indeed a setback because not only do I now need to place the panels in each periscope screen, but also now there's no way to make the autoupdate button work. It will still be avalaible as a key command and order button but there will be no indication on the panel itself .

Last edited by karamazovnew; 09-24-09 at 12:43 PM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote