View Single Post
Old 03-16-23, 06:39 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
Markus don't feel bad i been type 2 for 3 years you will want to keep your blood sugar between 89 and 120 don't go below 89 or you will end up flat on your back i been there and done that one rest of it pretty much like sky said.you can use artifical sugar in stuff if you get a sweet tooth soda pop be diet or sugar free 3 square meals and a snack excirise helps keep the sugar down if you got to prick your fingers be ready for sore fingers if you dont bleed much and have tough skin
Be advised that artificial sweeteners also produce insuline spikes, some as high as that from sugar, varying according to the choosen sweetener (some also have even more calories than sugar). The mechanism is different to that of consuming sugar and carbs and is not yet fully understood. Miscommunication between guts and brain and "irritated" neurotransmitters seem to have to do with it. Research goes on, but the incidences are now quite big that sweetener also cause insuline production, like sugar.

But here is a tip. The reward centre in the brain has a neurostructure that reacts to salty taste, sweet taste and hard drugs like opium, cocain, heroin. Its all the same structure. When this structure is excited and makes you scan for something sweet, put some salt in your mouth instead. The craving for sweetness will maybe not completely disappear, but will ease signficantly!

They were able to show a statistically very significant link between the salt status of pregnant women, and the likelihood of their babies later becomign drug addcits or diabetes patients (due to sugar-focussed food habits). When the mother does not eat enough salt (and iodine), there is not enough salt she can "pump" into her baby short before birth. This usally happens because it is extremely important for the baby to have high ammounts and reserves of both salt and iodine, the mother is practically empty of both after she has delivered.

Now, when baby has not gotten enough salt, the brain structure I mentioned has an inbuilt set focus (for all life!) for salt due to the deficit, but since the same brain structure controls the craving and rewarding regarding sweetness or drug induced "happiness", the craving for salt can be eased by eating sweets instead - or taking drugs. That raises the vulnerability for abusing sugar, and drugs, and thus the raised likelihood that salt-deficitary babies later in their life develope drug addiction or diabetes.

It works the other way, too. If you feel appetite for something sweet, cure that by tasting salt. Salt is harmless (there are so many myths about how dangerou salt is, dont get me started...) - sugar is not.

We can live healthily and survive completely without sugar and carbs - if onyl we eat enough fat and salt. We are born in a state in ketosis, and stay in that for many months. The body must not learn it - he must remember that he already has that ability. Try the same trick the other way around - try to survive by carbs only, but no fats and salt. You'll be dead before the year is done.

Thick, tasty grains of stone salt or sea salt. Thats the trick! Its always on my TV table, instead of sweets. Works.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-16-23 at 06:57 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote