View Single Post
Old 01-04-11, 04:45 PM   #4
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
That's odd. ihave SF installed on my Toshiba laptop and I play it with 1280 X 768 resolution for smooth game play.I also have SF on my pc with more powerful graphic card and I play the game at 1650 X 900.

I set the resolution myself manually from within the game options.The game automatically detects your gpu and tells you whether it allows you to play at max resolution with everything set high.

What kind of GPU do you have?
What does the game tells you when you open the video options?
Cheers Frinik. I have a 9300GS budget card, with a somewhat better 9500GT on the way. In the video options menu, I get what looks like a reasonably full range of resolutions listed, including 1600x900 which is my screen's native [+ my desktop] resolution. I am able to select + apply this in the menu as far as Ican tell. I'm not absolutely sure what I actually get when I enter the 3D but the jagged edges on my tank and on the horizon make it look like 1024x768 at best. I dunno but the way the loading screen seems sometimes to appear then quickly blank and reappear, makes me think something is being reset before I enter a mission. I have tried both selecting and deselected the "use desktop res" and the "no video mode restrictions' options in the main options screen and if there is a right combination I have not so far stumbled upon it.

Looking at my config.enfcg file, I see the following, which makes me think I was right in my guess of the res I'm getting, maybe the fact that Vista isn't enabling me to save it after editing, is also why res changes "made" in the video options also won't stick, so maybe I need to fid a way of allowing myself to edit and save the config file:

i_render:render()
{
//адаптер
adapter = 0;
//разрешение, частота, режим
bb_wid = 1024;
bb_hei = 768;
bb_freq = 0;
bb_fmt = 22;

Does that part of your config file show the resolution you're getting?
Cheers
Ivor

edit: Ijust now managed to hand edit the config file and enter 1600x900 instead of 1024x768 but the screen res looks unchanged in-game, so bang goes that theory, maybe I'm editing the wrong file.

Last edited by 33lima; 01-04-11 at 05:40 PM.
33lima is offline   Reply With Quote