View Single Post
Old 07-10-13, 05:04 AM   #8
tippership
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Seems i'm on a roll in bumping topics, but eh, there's a LOT of very good information i'm digging up on here- one can learn a lot...mostly.

Anyway, I want to attempt this- I wouldn't mind messing with the colors on the Jimmy Carter(in the RA mod) ,and seeing what sorts of cool BB colors i could get. Perhaps a bright yellow, or bright green(of a different shade than the LAs)..

So i grabbed the HXD Hex editor(I also have RA and DWEdit, not that DWEdit is of use in this particular task)

And I just realized something- these files are for all subs using these interfaces, arent they?

- while here i am, staring at the ssn21 interface dlls not sure how to locate the BB display, or what offsets actually affect what part of the interfaces- wouldn't this affect ALL subs using the interface? So it'd be all the seawolf subs, not just one. Because I'm betting that this is the generic interface thing where all subs that use the interface pull from. Also, looking at the virginia data in DWEdit....yea..

Well, i'd only wanted to mess with ONE sub, instead of a whole class, but eh, i'll just copy the values and set them back when i'm done looking at the pretty colors if there are any to be found, so to speak.

So...let's see if i have this straight- if i want to change the colors of any sub's BB , i look for

Quote:
Interfaces/NON_NUKE_SUB/SonarBB.dll, offset 0x16048: RR GG BB,
Interfaces/NON_NUKE_SUB/SonarNB.dll, offset 0x14184: RR GG BB.
, and they'll be in every SonarBB.dll for each sub, eh?

:looks in the SonarBB.DLL for SSN21:

...nope.
::goes into DangerousWaters/Controllers.ini, does a Control-f search for SSN 21, looks for clues::
...nope

.....You know, I feel a bit ticked i can't figure this out ...

Anyway ,how would i locate which ....hex numbers do this in the different ships?

Control G on 14184 ...leads me to 14180- ah, 4 spaces to the right. K, I see how that works, as far as pointing you to where something is
and for that example below, it was 84, 85, and 86....
So, it really is no different, regardless of if i pick the SSN21 or another ship?

and if i ever had a idiot moment with the colors(when i get to that point, but i'm putting this as reference for anyone following my tracks in the future), i'd use http://www.mathsisfun.com/hexadecima...al-colors.html

...Okay, so the question is, how did Krabb know which offsets were the demon color ones?

..i'd love to be able to edit the narrowband colors as well(probably nothing else though, aside from that, demon, and BB - OH wait, active sonar..... that'd be boss...)

...Sorry. In any case,, is there a way for me to be able to tell which offsets control what? I can't just start messing around without knowing what i'm doing, naturally.....not with the .dlls.

Anyway, if the way one would discover and find out what offsets control what color is too complex/time consuming for someone like me just wanting to experiment with different menu colors... then I would simply like to know what the offsets are for the

BB, NB, Demon, SSP, active sonar, and active intercept, if someone can be bothered to find them. Well , i suppose the Demon and...bb? have already been posted...

Also , what is the fc utility? Does that somehow reveal what offsets deal in colors?

-Tippership
tippership is offline   Reply With Quote