View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 05:01 AM   #1549
Eikson
Seaman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

After having quite a blast running the U-505 mission over and over again I think there are just a few oddities with the damage model now and then (might also be a stock game issue).

I ran dozens of tests with all sub types and different mod setups that went from just NYGM to the extensive list you'll see at the bottom.

What I found was:

1) All "impact weapons" (shells, hedgehogs, bullets) work fine. The hitbox for the sub seems to be a little off in some cases, where hedgehogs detonate without hitting your boat or where they float through your boat without detonating. I dont know whether this is the game simulating duds or whether it's just a collision detection issue.

2) Depth charges work properly most of the time. Sometimes hits that should have taken the sub out don't do enough damage. Maybe this is just the game being nice or faulty proximity simulation. Hard to say. Contact hits, where the charge lands on your deck, seem to work fine. One hit of that kind was usually enough to kill the sub.

3) Ramming is odd. I've had a destroyer run into my periscope, pushing the entire boat to the side with zero damage to anything. This leads to the weird situation that (without hedgehogs) staying at periscope depth or a few meters deeper is the safest option, as the depth charges detonate below you and the destroyers rarely aim to ram your turret, as they usually do a slight turn beforehand. Of course this is kind of gamey and I wouldn't do it in a campaign, just wanted to point it out.

Again, all this also holds for my tests of just NYGM without any additional mods.

I've been careful to make sure that the other mods do not overwrite any files that deal with collision/damage/zones etc.

I'd be happy to hear about your experiences. The U-505 mission allows testing the damage functions easily.

Best,

Eikson

My list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3\MODS]

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
MFM-Interim-Beta
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
Lighthouses and Entrance Points for NYGM3.6F beta
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Das Boot Gramophone music
German Hits Collection
Haunting Atlantic Wind
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03
SH3 oggvorbis2
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2
SH-5 Water for SH-3 16 Km V84
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather] Patch
Dertien No Rank On Crew
EAX_Sound_Sim_SH3
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation
U-Boat IXC (Skin 3 (U-532)) Turm 1-2-3
TKSS German U-Boats Compilation FuMO_Fix_SNS
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Extra_files_for_Hsie_patch_V16B1
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 NYGM
raobf Fix
O2-Gauges v2
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)
Eikson is offline   Reply With Quote