Old 07-17-19, 06:19 PM   #6
blackfalcon
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Right click on the clock and you’ll get the U-Jagd chrono
First you need to identify correctly the target, and you’ll get its length on the ID book.
Then adjust the vertical periscope line at target bow and start chrono...stop it at the stern and read on U-Jagd what you get for your target length —-> that’s its speed
Keep in mind best is to be stopped or very low speed to get accurate target speed, and if possible near to 90°...

There are some U-Jagd chrono tuto on the web if you don’t understand me
Yea, I know that method however the u-jagd isnt i the base game and also, the base game does not tell you what the length is. Is there a mod that you know of that adds length to the ID book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgety View Post
You can also learn the 4 bearing method to find out everything you need in one method, but it takes quite a bit of map work and will take some commitment learning it.

A really long time ago when I used to play SH3, and this was before I switched to realism mods and used to have all the map info active. I remember using a method where you would mark the target on your map, then start the stop watch and mark the target again after 3m15s. you multiplied or did something with the distance it traveled in this time to get its speed. You could look this method up.
Yes, I know that method also, however, the stadimeter is broken so you can not find the distance. This is my problem, there are two ways to calculate speed. One requires knowing the ships length (which the game does not give you), the other is being able to mark its exact position on the map, and the range finder is broken.
blackfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote