View Single Post
Old 03-22-13, 05:05 PM   #120
RustySubmarine
Engineer

Location: Tamworth UK. Presently,somewhere Below The Atlantic
Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Having just seen this brilliant interior mod for SH3 (Thank you Flakmonkey ) I have decided to head back to Kiel with my SH5 U-boat, it's time for a long refit I think, having sustained heavy damage to the hull after a long arduous depth charging off the English East Coast, which nearly cost us our lives.
On reaching Kiel, the band and all the lovely nurses were not there to greet us, even though the sun was shining, which I thought very strange indeed. Back on the old boats, they were always there when we entered and left Port. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed U444 my old SH3 boat in dry dock. Oh how I wished I could command my old boat again because the urge to get back to sea was getting to me.

Suddenly, I saw Thompson staggering along the jetty, half pi..ed as usual and he urged me to contact Bdu for a transfer. To my pleasant surprise, Admiral Donitz welcomed the idea and I was given command of my old U-boat again U444, looking splendid with a new coat of dark grey paint, almost ready for sea again. Last time I saw her she was looking rather sad and rusty (hence my user name) but once back in the Atlantic again, she would soon get her rusty stains back again.
Within a few days with a belly full of torpedo's we would be making our long voyage, back through the Kiel Canal, for our journey across the North Sea again and on to the hunting grounds, looking for convoys that cross the North Atlantic. It would feel good to be in command once more, especially on my old, now not so rusty U-boat.

Sorry guys, I'm getting carried away here, that's what Silent Hunter does to me. So I hope all you guys here on the SH3 forums, will allow me to re-join the Grey Wolves again after such a long absence and become a SH3 wolf pack member again. I might need a bit of a refresher, getting used to all the new mods now available for the best SH of all. I think I am going to enjoy being amongst old friends again as it has been several years, since I stepped aboard one of the old boats. It seems I got comfy with the new surroundings of the SH5 U-boats, but somehow they don't have the same stink of sweat and diesel as the old SH3 boats and I really miss that.

First things first though, I need to gather some of the new mods that are now available. I will be installing GWX Gold again that's for certain, and FM's New Interior V 2.1 So if any of you guys can recommend what other mods I may need to go with these 2 mods, I would appreciate your suggestions, as long as they are compatible of course. I don't want to add something that will interfere with GWX.

So good hunting guys, we may come across each other in mid Atlantic somewhere during one of our patrols.

I joined the navy to see the world
What did I see?
I saw the SEA!!!!

Last edited by RustySubmarine; 03-23-13 at 10:06 AM.
RustySubmarine is offline   Reply With Quote