KnightsCross
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiglr View Post
I suppose my answer would be, "Doesn't anyone relish a challenge?"
Hi guyz
I was a Armoured Corps Soldier for 16 years and was trained on the first computer gunnery aids as well live firing. For Squadron Gunnery Competition, we would fire HESH Prac [no explosive, just a great big bullet] at a 9volt battery with a globe on it, at night with no night vision aids, at 4,500 mts Yes thats a long way, with no aids, with what we called "steam gunnery" and yes we hit it.
Why do I tell you this ? simple I love a tank sim that makes me feel like I'm there, and before TvsT , I found games like Panzer Elite to be kids games ! amusing but that's it !
Having said that, I'm not sure why Panzer Front & Panzer Front Ausf.B gets such a bagging here, maybe because it's on Sony and not PC.
Ballistics, Gunnery and everything else is modeled into the game.
1st mission on PF AusfB is the 1st attack on France in Pz.IIc and if you don't look after your resup/repair veh your just not going to make it, after that your off to Africa with the first battles until 1941. Now this is an excellent game for those who like a challenge with realism. Turn it up the volume through your stereo and I defy anyone not to jump when you are immersed in the game and a round hits you ! Sure is hard to complete your missions in the early model tanks and once you have you can play them buy choosing tanks/anti tank guns/artillery and making it into a whole new game. The only modern tanks in this game, besides all the early models are M4 Sherman, Grant, Stuart, T34 1941, Pz.IV,F2 & Tiger E.
Panzer Front first came out on Sony 1 and the tank choices in it are immense,and for Stiglr, the PF 1on Sony 1, there is "Barkmans Corner" in Panther, you can also choose Panther A & D, I have these games and still play and love them, I bought them and have absolutely no trouble with them and text is all in English, or you can change it to German and some others which I often do just for fun. I also have Panzer Elite Gold and nearly every other so called tank sim for those who think I am bias.
This is just my opinion
The following thread does not do this game justice
PANZERFRONT (Anyone Here Remember This One?)