View Single Post
Old 04-09-10, 12:20 AM   #16
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Education vs Fun

Stiglr

It all depends of what you are looking for in a game or in life in general. Some like the experiencing and othersd ar focussed on results. I guess it's an example of people being divided between Type A; competitive, aggressive, result oriented and Type B more placid. contemplative, interested in the discovery more than in the accomplishments and then you have the AB type( I am one) a mixture of the 2;competitive and goal oriented at times but also interested in discovering and experiencing different things.

As much as I like the Panzer IVF2 and do not disdain the Panzer III J and L, I 'd rather fight in a Panther because it has the right balance that the lighter( weak armour) and heavier tanks(lack of mobility) do not have either.

Nevertheless, The Ueber Panzers have also their downside often mechanically more prone to breakdowns, slower, more visible targets.

Thhis is why I like Steel Fury because with all the mods now you can experience a variety of tanks from the Skdf 232, 451 , the Panzer Jaeger I,to the Panzer II C ,various versions of the the Panzer III, the Pz IVF1,F2, the Stug III C, D and G, the Hetzer and then the biggies Tiger I and II and the Panther with more models to come the Brumbaer, the Wespe, the Elefant etc and on the Soviet side the BT5 and 10, the T38, T26, T60, the Mark II(Mathilda) and III, the T34/76 , T34/85, The Js2, KV1 and 2 with the ISU 152, KV84 and the SU 76, 85 and 100 coming.

Panzer Elite , although showing its age, allows to play even more variety of tanks including UK ,US , Italian and French tanks.

Re IL2 I beg to disagree with you.You can survive with a Bf 109 and a Spitfire even against latest models.Some early war models remained competitive( with upgrade admittedly) till the end of the war.

I think you also being a tad judgemental and paternalistic when you ascribe ignorance to players who want to move on to more advanced or sophisticated models whether armour or aircrafts.Just because you don't like it and won't do it yourself does not mean that others who do it are ignorant or don't know better. We buy and play games because we want to have fun or be entertained after all.It the games are going to be tailored to be educative and force players to adhere to strict principles that purists want them to follow then where's the pleasure?Not everybody wants to be educated by a game. If I want to be educated I play Scrabble or Strategy games.

Same with sports you can play it for the fun of it not sticking by strict rules or if you like you can play it by formal rules if it what you want.But you cannot force or judge people just because they don't fit your own personal code of conduct.I think you need to be a bit more flexible and let others be different in their approach.

End of lecture.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote