View Single Post
Old 12-16-13, 12:01 PM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
What do you like of SHIII + NYGM over SH5?

Not a polemic question. I am just curious to know what makes the modded SHIII a better game, and if the same features can be ported to SH5
I can't speak for anyone else, but I play SH3 with GWX and SH3 Commander. What makes the difference for me is the availability of the Type II and Type IX. That, plus the many different types of merchants available, and my PC won't even run the Merchant Fleet Mod! Not to mention the working canal lock gates. I won't praise Commander's 'Ship Names' function because I understand that SH5 does allow for ship names. I think of all the things I could do with that if I only had a PC that would allow me to work with it.

I prefer SH4's crew management, especially the 'Battle Stations' function. I also prefer SH4's 'Request New Orders' radio function, except for the part where responses are instant, rather than having to wait for the new instructions. SH4 also has a fully functioning grid map, with both Latitude/Logitude and KM Grids working properly.

But SH5 looks real good. No, that's not meant to be a backhanded complement/insult. It really does look very, very good.