View Single Post
Old 03-04-19, 10:08 AM   #4
keteimporta
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hi Commanders, (excuse my English, it is not my mother language)

After almost 15 years without playing submarine simulators, I'm now in the mood of that. First, I will answer the questions proposed by the staff:
  • Describe your first sub game: well, first memory I have about a sub game is "Sub Battle Simulator" on a Macintosh when I was a University student (1987 or so). Then I played GATO Class submarine on my first PC, both on monochrome displays, of course. Then came a gap until Silent Hunter came to my hands. I played a bit of SH-2, and even less SH-3. And I stopped playing there.

• How you came across Subsim: I don't really remember. I have a "Super sub sim cd" with patches for SH and SH-2, so I think I had a previous account, and I even made a donation a lot of years ago...

• What the weather is like today in your part of the world: sunny. I live in Zaragoza (Spain), and the nearest sea is about 250 Kms (155 Mi) from my city. We have a semi-desert near us, called "Monegros"; there is a legend about that name: legend (not History) says that is derived from "Montes Negros" (Black Hills) because there were extense forest of "Juniperus thurifera", so dense that light had difficult in going across, similar name to the "Black Forest" on the south-west Germany (but different trees). Legend says that a massive cut of trees was made for the construction of the spanish "Armada Invencible" (Spanish Armada) on the XVIth century, and then the forest became a desert... Anyway, living far from sea, it is weird I'm interested in sea warfare simulations, I know

• Do you like U-boats best or American subs, or Russian fast attacks: only German ones, WWII period.

• How many slices of pizza you normally consume: 1 pizza every week is good enough for me.

• How many times you've watched Das Boot or Hunt for Red October: not so often enough; but I don't really need it, because I know almost every frame of them...

• What your superpower would be if your were an X-Man (or woman): I'm too old for X-Men or Marvel heroes, sorry (I've lost the interest in the last movies of Marvel, for example).
And now I have a question for all of us: after being out of simulators for almots 15 years... What's the game I must play? Is SH-5 worthy, of I rather must play SH-3?

Cheers
keteimporta is offline   Reply With Quote