View Single Post
Old 06-26-18, 10:10 AM   #1587
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANoWAR.U52 View Post
Was thinking of that because of the shallow waters, thanks for clarification, is there a way to figure out facts like ocean bottom when playing the mission?
Not that I'm aware of, no. The only way you can is perhaps by having a sense of how loud typical merchantmen or fishing boats are and realizing they're actually much closer (re: quieter) than normal because of a different bottom type. However, the ocean bottom only affects how loud things are if the sound speed profile of the mission is bottom-limited, which you can see in the SSP pane of the sonar. If there is a layer, the loudness will always be the same.

Quote:
I am stalking the group and also detected the Akula but the mission won´t proceed. All ships stopped an remain at 0kt.Running full time speed since 10 minutes, nothing happens...
You need to approach each ship in order to simulate an attack. If I remember correctly, you need to approach within 4 nmi of each ship but no closer than 2 nmi of each to "attack" them.

Quote:
Edit: Goddamn what a bugged mission, I had to manually set a lower depth (60) than Seawolf´s PD in order to trigger the mission goals, both main goals are now fullfilled, mission still shows incomplete because I am waiting for a radio message that ends the mission which I never receive.

Is there even a point to continue this campaign? Looks like a train wreck to me, spent over two hour to figure out what the issue here. Look I appreciate the converted campaigns and the RA/DWX mod but if nobody even tested if added things work properly it is just a utter frustration and useless time waste. Nobody benefits from that.
I would say no. I tried it on my YouTube channel and I think the fourth mission became unplayable. I was trying to remake the campaign at one point to be more faithful to Sub Command but it's a lot of work and it fell to the wayside. Given how RA is presently tuned, etc, I'm also not sure it's possible to make it that faithful to Sub Command.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote