View Single Post
Old 05-31-20, 03:22 AM   #1
Vantskruv
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default ZIGZAG

I wonder, do the convoys always zigzag?
Hence, I am practicing the 4-bearing method, while moving, and the calculations seems to be correct when I am crosschecking (in this example, the approximate bearing 4 crossed the expected point of my course, which should tell I have done things right to that point, and after have determined the convoy position and course, I checked that the lengths between every bearing was the same, which they where).

In the above example, the calculations told me the convoy had the course of 310 degrees, with the speed of 12 knots, and distance to them where about 16.6km from where I measured the bearing 4.
Setting up an intercepting course (planning to flank ahead of them and place me for a 90 degree attack), I spotted them too early with the UZO, as if they had a much lower speed. Also, when spotting them (about 45 degrees port side), I spotted a destroyer aswell almost twelve'o'clock, seeing him turning his stern against me (I think). Hence their course seemed to not be as I expected...

I wanted to continue to play, but I had to close the game (whished there was a save feature in this game).

Either, my calculations was very wrong, or they where affected by the convoy zigzagging, I am not sure which.

Picture of my calculations:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8l...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Vantskruv; 05-31-20 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Cleanup
Vantskruv is offline   Reply With Quote