View Single Post
Old 01-11-13, 08:09 AM   #55
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The AI control will sometimes call you for vectors that indeed have you intercepting localisers and glideslope quite close to the runway. That is not a problem when you are fam iliar with handling your plane and can blindly use the cointrols and auto-featzures it offers, and when your speed and other factors already are set good. When you are close to the airport, and still are high and fast, go around.

For a beginning, I would recommend you just ignore the radio, choose one airport, find it in the map and klick it, then have the data there (runway heading and ILS freqeuncies and such) noted on a paper. Then take off, do a race track pattern, and position yourself at 10.000 feet and in 20-25 miles distance to the runway - and then do the approach without control just using the instruments and my recommendations, so that you get a feeling for how it all goes ideally, and that you get used to it. Do touch-and-goes, when the wheels hit the runway, launch again: throttle full forward, gear up, spoilers up, flaps up, in this order.

It seems you make me needing to have a default flight before I get an idea of what you mean. I use Boeing FMCs and small planes always fly manually with AP only keeping altitude. Autolands via default GPS I never do. Must check first.

Or is this doing the trick for you?
http://easy-fsx.blogspot.de/2010/05/...-approach.html

In this glass cockpit display, the glideslope indicator is: on the right side of the screen,the dot on the vertical scale left of the altitude band

You surely will, with time and practice comes routine. Does the sim work stable now, or do you still get crashes?
Actually quite stable as of yet. Im quite happy about it Im sure it will crash sooner or later, but I need to save some money up for FSX Gold / Acceleration. Then some money for REX or maybe a good dual prop plane or Cessna. I think I want to try the PMDG 737 eventually.. But like I said. Im waiting until I get the basic routines down right, then its a matter of converting them from plane to plane, which now that I think about it, is kind of my hinderance so far. Im just not USED to how each cockpit displays the information to me in the way I need. So heres to more practice and more crashes Btw what weather settings do you use for a nice haze / fog down low so that its a challenging yet still fun landing?

PS: Your picture and the little picture tutorial you just gave me just helped make everything MUCH clearer.

Heres another question, whats up with ATC giving me different bearings during flight when I should be following my waypoints?? (Even when Im quite a distance away from the airport)

PSPS: I also think my problem seems to be that Im trying to do it with autopilot, I think for now, Im going to do all landings manually to get a feel for what I need to be doing / having done. Including ILS landings now that I know HOW they work.

Last edited by reignofdeath; 01-11-13 at 08:20 AM.