View Single Post
Old 03-09-10, 07:00 AM   #14
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkster319 View Post
Thanks thats great stuff- This is basically what I have been doing. Although as I do not use map updates, I tend to set up a 90degree intercept , zero my scope and then set the 90degree AOB. Works a treat.

Can you show how to get the AOB without map updates. I am currently using range and bearing estimates to plot the target course over a set time - this gives me the target bearing and speed (3.15 rule) and also provides either a quick AOB or route to a 90degree intercept position. Would be nice to see though so I know I am doing it right (That said I must be as I am getting positive results )

Also I would love to see a sonar only attack if anyone can?- I remember seeing a great one for SH4.

Thanks Again

Yes thats pretty much what I do as well using sonar contacts to plot a rough path that the target is travelling untill its in visuall range, then using the stadimeter to get range and we have the bearing of the target from the sonar. Its just a matter of using the drawing tools to mark out the distance on the map along that bearing. Aslo during this I take the reading's every 3m15s to get the speed.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote