View Single Post
Old 07-19-08, 04:31 PM   #11
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapup
The mod that reduced the amount or size of the rain seems to be a good one but I can't tell from the readme how it's supposed to be installed. There seem to be two parts ... the actual mod and a test version. They seem to install as one package or individually but can't tell if it's working w/o finding a storm in a regular mission. I use TMO and RSRD and notice from this post that you use stock SH4. Am I missing something? I also like the smaller pointer. Thanks for sharing, hard work, and generosity.
well what i did was include a jsgme installable US single mission "WEBSTER's rain test Mission" that is supposed to always be raining.
(nothing else to the mission, its just to see the rain without and then with the mod) the game randomizes things automatically
so the rain varies a little each time but it is simular enough to get a good judge of results the mod gives you.

first install the "WEBSTER's rain test Mission" with jsgme to install a rain test mission for comparison and then start the mission first without the "WEBSTER's Smaller Rain Drops" rain mod to see how the rain looks, then install the rain mod to see exactly what it does to the rain. if your running a mod that has environment changes then the effect might not be as dramatic as compared to the stock rain. i will update the read me with this info.