View Single Post
Old 05-25-17, 09:57 PM   #5267
Diceman
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Icon9

Started patrol 5 on about 6 December, 1939. Sailed to the designated box for my 24 hour period.
At the end of the 24 hours I sighted, tracked, shot two torpedos at, hit and sunk a big 10,000 tonner!! My biggest kill to date playing this game!! I was very excited!!!
Creeping away from that kill, I came across a convoy. My first convoy. I set up an intercept and chose a medium and another smaller cargo following behind in the middle of the convoy. Two torpedos at the first ship and then a quick one at the trailer.
The convoy had destroyers, so I immediately dove and started creeping away. I heard 3 hits. The destroyers pounced and depth charged me for several hours, with no real damage suffered. External view showed 4 destroyers hunting me in teams of two. Eventually two left. Then the other two started to leave.
I crept up to periscope depth. Took a peek and there was a ship dead in the water but not sinking. I figured to creep over and shoot it up with my flak gun. Got a bit over eager and surfaced too soon... shots immediately flew in from the destroyers who pulled a u-turn and returned to kill me.
I hid under the crippled ship Til the destroyers left again. This time I waited Til I couldn't see them at all.
I surfaced near the crippled ship with it between me and the last known area of destroyers. Manned the flak gun. Shot several magazines worth into the ship which started to burn... started to move away from the ship, then... BOOM!!!!
The whole ship exploded and severely damaged my sub and killed all deck crew. I tried to do damage control but it was no bueno... I sunk. I was way to close...
A stupid mistake cost me my sub and crew...
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote