View Single Post
Old 10-28-16, 05:32 PM   #93
Nikita
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxendown View Post
I think this encapsulates the issue I raised earlier, is the old RSR model as described in this thread (I've not played it) still valid? Looking at the sensor capabilities of the 688 Flt.1 the towed array has an extreme range of 70 nm, ELINT 500 nm, RWR 120 nm. If you are suicidal and surface to use radar, the range is 90 nm. It would be odd to me if you could never pick up friendly contacts in the 3d tactical view and that you are always the lone wolf and never working with other platforms. That suits a WWII scenario but a modern one....I'm not so sure. I would have thought you needed a back story whereby you are cut off far to the north hemmed in by Soviet forces on all sides-that would be credible.

Sorry not wishing to appear negative, this looks like a very exciting sim and I do understand the need for compromise and the art of the possible.
I think the extreme range of sensors will be useless because the tactical map has a much smaller scope. I think CW will be RSR with actual graphics and new missions that didn't exist in RSR. But RSR was extremely fun (I played recently the original one), so I believe CW is in the correct way to make an atractive sim.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote