View Single Post
Old 04-06-21, 06:46 AM   #11
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

I couldn't care less about the crew interaction or being able to virtually walk through compartments, nor do I like the feeling of being railroaded to complete your missions in SH5. I prefer the open-ended nature in SH3 of being able to complete a patrol in assigned grid or deciding to patrol elsewhere without having to worry that I won't be able to advance the campaign.

I do like the real navigation in TWoS, the use of ENIGMA, and the scripting to allow automation of things I'd have to do on my own - taking nav fixes, diving and taking a sound sweep every couple of hours, etc.

What would be ideal is a combination of SH3's open-ended gameplay with SH5's graphics, TWoS' real nav mod, built-in ENIGMA, and scripting, the Merchant Fleet Mod, GWX, and add on the ability to actually engage in Prize Regulation methods - being able to stop suspected ships and then let them go if they're clean or sink them and tow the lifeboat... And then later on sinking neutrals in allied convoys without losing renown.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote