View Single Post
Old 03-23-21, 03:01 AM   #27
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Hi, thanks! I'm not sure I do quite follow though. The problem I described only happens when:

- aircraft has separate main and LOD models (named, for example, Thisplane.gr2 and Thisplane_LOD.gr2)
- aircraft has two or more textures (for example, it is used by several countries and each country has its own camouflage)

Normally, in GR2 file you can set texture name to cfg#TXRskin which tells the game to check units cfg file in roster folder for which texture to use. If no texture is specified or the above naming convention not used, plane uses default texture.

Except this does not work for LOD gr2 file, so when (like in my example) when a plane that which has American texture by default, but cfg file tells it to use British one, gets far enough away for the game to switch to simplified LOD model - British texture is replaced by American (default).

If there's no separate LOD model (even with the same textures used) the plane uses correct camouflage at every distance.

I don't see how changing texture's mipmaps would help, but if you know of a way I'd be grateful for explaining it because this problem is not only causing trouble with multitextured planes, but also prevents us from making varied, colourful skins for merchant ships. Solving it would be great.
I am currently drawing Messerschmitt BF 109 E and can see for myself exactly what the problem is
U-190 is offline   Reply With Quote