Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-22-19, 06:56 PM   #7250
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK, checked-out, and I don't know why you aren't seeing the dock there. In fact, you're not seeing the trees either. One of the docks in the game does not have a 2D image, and there are problems seeing that, but in this case it is the "Small_Pacific_Harbor_II.dat" and dds files, so there shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I can think of is the LOD distance. As an example:

The top image does not have the entire width of the dock in it, but you can see the cranes, etc. In the 2nd image, zooming back, a lot of the detail is lost. You see a "hole" in the dock to the left, and a lot of the cranes have disappeared, or turned into just a single vertical line, as to the right. The lighthouse lights disappear last, just after the the 2nd image above.
can't say about level of distance. if you look at the distance to target dial, it is approx 4500 yds so that is approx how far i was from the target which was moored at the dock. i would also estimate that i was on high-power or zoomed in on the periscope view.

is that too far away to see any detail? beats me.
i can try and remember to head back that way on the next patrol in the area and check it out but i do remember that things got very shallow at the 4500 yd marker.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote