View Single Post
Old 10-24-08, 02:19 PM   #35
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
SB Pro PE learning curve

Now, after a week , full of work/travelling and distraction, I have tried to complete the tutorials, reading the manual, writing down all essence..
Trained as Gunner, as Driver, as Tank Commander..thought I was doing pretty good until I dared to try the first test..

I was Gunner in a Leo2A5 hull down on a hill.. "russkies" where flowing at us..I aimed, and fired..got one..then my tank moved back in hull down position..I only saw grass..My commander shouted "fire!"..but I only saw grass!

Frustrated, I fired blind..then he moved up over the edge, and I could see 3 tanks , tried to focus and get the nearest into sight.."BOOM"..I was dead!

I am not sure about the pedagogic side of this tutorial, but for me it seems like a disaster..When am I supposed to fire?..Can I control the situation as a gunner better?..How can I see targets when my vision is blocked by grass?

A bit frustrating this I must admit..

After this I tried a scenario,but I will not tell you what happened..it seems too embarrassing and makes me feel even more as a novice..

it's hard..very hard to learn..hope I will endure my own tutorial..

Sgt Hotcliff

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote