View Single Post
Old 04-24-07, 08:52 AM   #37
yllekm
Mate

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

I started some testing on the Large Composite Freighter last night and was trying different values in the "magnetic detonation range" in the Torpedoes_US.sim file but didn't seem to be able to change the range within the game. Odd thing is that with the 27.2 ft. draft listed in the manual, if I ran torps under at 29 ft. I was getting a good "non-contact" burst right below the keel. Run under at 27 ft. and I was getting more of a side hit (i.e. contact burst). At 30 ft. I missed. This was in dead calm water with the ship stationary but loaded.

I want to play around some more with the "magnetic detonation range" setting but am beginning to worry that something is broken in the mags that only the developers can fix (or maybe I'm tweaking the wrong file or another file has to be tweaked besides Torpedoes_US.sim).

Once I have frustrated myself enough with this setting, I'll begin testing drafts of each ship in my manual.

I don't think I'll be able to do any more testing for a few days though - I have to go into hospital for a medical procedure tomorrow and must begin "preparing" today (It ain't pretty so I'll spare you the details).

Last edited by yllekm; 04-24-07 at 09:13 AM.
yllekm is offline   Reply With Quote