View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 06:50 PM   #6655
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Just because you can do something doesn't mean have to do something; and, if you do choose to do something you can do, it doesn't mean you have to do it stupidly, irresponsibly, recklessly, foolishly, thoughtlessly, carelessly, or any other -ly you might wish to add...

...and I'm rather sure if Obama (or Bush, anyone else for that matter) would have initiated a project like a new border barrier, it would have been done with a whole hell of a lot more common sense and maturity and a whole lot less stupidity and childishness than Chump...
You make it sound like securing the border between the USA and Mexico is a complicated thing and only really smart people like Pelosi and Schumer could do. It is something that they were certainly in favor of not that long ago. It's a fence that needs patrolling by the Border patrol. It's not hard. Nations around the world do this all the time. In this case it's a political argument. Your comments bear that out. The people who say they are for securing the border but against a physical barrier are trying to perform a magic trick.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, are you, who so relentlessly decry Obama, are you saying he was right?...
Are you saying he was wrong? After all no one was holding a gun to his head. Perhaps he neglected to read all 973 pages before he signed it. One of the points of that article was to show that Trump doesn't need the declaration of a national emergency to start securing the border. Obama.

Was the declaration of an emergency a political ploy. Of course. So is Nancy (I have a wall around my house) Pelosi saying walls are immoral. So are all the other ridiculous political arguments for and against it. The question going forward is fairly obvious. Is this situation sustainable? I'm going to say it isn't. We've seen politicians in the last administration and Congress change their minds. Will they be forced to do it again?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online