View Single Post
Old 02-07-22, 07:10 AM   #10068
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Just taking vitamins isn't enough and claiming such is an injustice .
Not sure whether you aimed at me, but to be safe: I have NEVER said that they are! They are another - and I claim: probably underestimated - factor amongst other factors that shift chances in favour of the infected, not more, not less. Important Viamine-D is, I think. Already the sufficient solution in itself - probably not. The other two factors that are of outstanding relevance, are vaccines, and masks inside rooms and buildings. These three have the greatest effects.

The comparison between death rates in Vit-D sufficient and insuffient patient groups speaks volumes, howver: factors 14, factor 23, the studies quoted say. That is extremely relevant, I would say, even if confounding varibales also play into it of which we do not know so far. ! . It would be stupid to ignore them, even more so since we know by estalished research results regarding other deseases that Vit-C and Vit-D play a very important role in case of infectous and respiratory infection deseases, several cardiovascular illnesses, inflammations, auto-immune deseases, and cancer.

Its about money, Arlo. The industry protects its immense profit margins by discreditting and declaring non-relevant the use of supplementation. They massively and fundamentally infleunce the curricula in universities and science. They influence legislation on behalf of their profit interests. You cannot patent Vitamines or Minerals. You cannot make big money with Vitamines and Minerals. The health industry wants and needs customers - and customers are not healthy but ill people. Somebody needs to pay the overpaid CEO's saleries, the stockholders, somebody gotta pay the research and development of new antibiotics, vaccines, and so forth. Our health system is no health system but an illness system. It needs and wants ill people, not healthy people that generate no income and profits for the industry. Its perverse, and against humans.

It should be replaced, but I do not know with what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
I don't see 'the mass media' waging a campaign against vitamin D.
Well, I do, and very strongly. Practically every time some TV magazine or newspaper says something about Vitamine supplementation or Vit-D, and interviews some "expert", this expert blindly parrots the official slogans of the national food advisory boards or usual suspects that got their propaganda fed by industry-friendly lobbyism. The positives get neglected, the negatives get blown out of proportion, exaggerated, and debunked myths get endlessly repeated and single events get presented as the norm . And often the thinking behind the reasoning of criticising vitamine D or whatever, is simply erratic, broken, illogical: sad, but true.

The situation might differ a bit between Germany and the US. I the US, Vitamine D can be freely sold in doses of up to 50,000 IU, in Germany the limit is formally 1000 IE I think, with legal tricks and stretching definitions they can sell pills with up to 10,000 IU. Officials want us to not consume more than 1200 IE, or even 800, I am not clear on that right now, better it would be to not swallow any pill, at all, becasue its opills and pills are of evil, German Hobbits tick that way, you know. The dose for 2 year old babies, that is the recommended maximum dose! Why is that? Because babies in germany in the first 24 months or so must be supplemented with Vitamine D, its obligatory. But after those months, the obligation ends, and so does the record keeping. Bureaucracy'S logic: the dose in the last kept record - two years old, 1200 IE is the dose we from now on recommend until the end of all time, because we have no records beyond that. File closed, "Next!". But Vit-D needs depend on body weight and the ammount of fatty tissue, because Vit-D is liposulable. It is absurd to feed a muscular, big construction worker or a fat obesity patient the dose meant for a two year old little child.

Rule of thumb : 50-80 IU of Vit-D per kilogram body weight. The fattier the person, the higher that value. Somebody with 75kg thus would be safe when consuming something in the range of 4-5 thousand IU. Plus especially Magnesium, please, and also K2.

Single dose toxcity seem to start at ranges of 150 thousand IU. Daily doses taken over severla monbths seem to become toxic after thes emonth at daily doses exceeding 40-50 thousand. However, there are doctor-controlled high-dose therapies in clinics where several hundred thousand doses are given - per day - but NOBODY SHOULD DO THIS ALONE, AT HOME.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-07-22 at 07:52 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote