View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 06:59 AM   #3
PL_Harpoon
Engineer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 4

I've been playing for the past week or so with different people so I can answer you from my experience.

If you want to practice solo before playing with others (that's what I did for the first 2 days) the best thing to do is to start an "invisible lobby" and set the mode to easy.

Once the game starts I'd also suggest going to the bridge first to check the weather.

While the fog can be very helpful if you know what you're doing it makes learning the game a bit more difficult so if you start in a fog just restart the game with different time settings.

The game is manageable solo. The tricky part for me was to keep the boat at a constant depth near PD, but I managed it by leaving just a tiny bit of water in the negative tank (below 0 and 1st notch).

As for playing with others, I didn't find it that much of a problem.
It is still just a video game, so don't expect military discipline and you'll have a lot more fun. And if you want a serious game, just ask on Discord and find a group that does that.

Funny thing is, from my current experience, we've been more successful (and had more fun) with a group of 2-3 competent ppl playing casually, than with a full crew with fixed roles etc.
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote