vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Just for Vienna' s mad lust
Ah, I feel all tingly...

Thanks for the post. I actually used to have a few of those posters shown in the video; The Fillmore and The Family Dog would plaster them all over town and give them away at some of the record stores; wish I had them now...

When I started high school, i enrolled in the stage crew as a means of having an excuse to ditch classes if there was a performance or assembly in the auditorium. There was this one kid who was very much into the whole psychedelic scene and he had a unique way of sussing out who was or wasn't 'cool'; he carried around psychedelic posters and the process I experienced was like this:

He walks into the room and surveys the class looking for cool people, spies me and my longish hair, walks over to me and, without a word, unrolls a poster for some concert with all the lettering done in the sort of LSD influenced style of the day. He points at a line on the poster:

Him: What does this line say?
Me: Moby Grape, Quicksilver Messenger Service.
Him: (now mildly impressed): And this other line?
Me: Civic Auditorium, Lights by Light Sound Dimension.
Him: I thought you might be cool...

He then extended his hand, and we became a team doing lights and sound for the school auditorium. The process was as good a litmus test as any...

<O>